1 day ago
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent serves as a Cook for the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office Jail Division kitchen, responsible for overseeing inmate workers preparing and serving meals for inmates.
Oversees preparation and serving of all meals for detainees
Determines food order quantities by tracking inventory of food in stock in various locations as the dry storage and freezer/refrigerator.
Directs food preparation according to approved dietary menus and recipes, including chopping, grating, slicing, measuring, weighing, and mixing ingredients as well as baking, grilling, and steaming food. Adds and subtracts measurements and quantities in recipes to adjust amount of prepared food as needed based on daily population.
Plans menus, ordering food and supplies, and checking orders as they arrive to ensure proper inventory received. Maintains cleanliness of storage areas and equipment (entire kitchen). Ensures compliance with the local/state standards (health department) and Dieticians nutritional guidelines.
Assures meals are served to inmates of the facility according to established schedule, including filling food trays, maintaining food selections, and ensuring trays and utensils are available and sanitary.
Oversees special meals for inmates with unique dietary needs according to the Doctor’s orders, documenting changes as needed.
Helps and oversees cleaning and sanitization of the kitchen by inmate workers and staff using a variety of equipment and supplies, such as brooms, mops, floor scrubbers, and chemical cleaners.
Prepares and submits reports if required
· Prior experience recommended.
· High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
· Possession of or ability to obtain Serve Safe certification
· Working knowledge of proper nutrition and sanitary food preparation and able to prepare large quantities.
· Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, printer, calculator (adding machine)
· Ability to compute, perform arithmetic operations, such as measuring, figuring, tabulating
· Working knowledge of industrial food equipment, proper use of chemicals, and able to inventory food, cleaning supplies and maintain adequate quantities needed.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
· No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions (drug free).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,796.00 /year ... See MoreSee Less
Johnson County Indiana Sheriff's Office shared a post.
2 days ago
The Franklin Firefighters will be hosting a Blood Drive for #Cheering for Charlie on March 21, 2020, at Station 22. We need a minimum of 25 blood donors and have a goal of at least 100. Please check your calendars and if you can commit to donating. If you can, either comment below or send a direct message to Chuck Ridpath or Josh Collins on their Facebook page. ... See MoreSee Less
6 days ago
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office Honor Guard presenting the colors today at the Franklin College basketball game. Great job to team members Alex Talley, Chris Baldwin, Travis Cross, Jeremy Witherington, Jarrod Wiser and photographer Becky Ransdell. ... See MoreSee Less